The truck market is the largest in the commercial vehicle industry. The demand for trucks are not limited to any particular country alone, but every continent on the planet demands them, due to their heavy duty working nature. This makes it difficult to choose just one type of truck that can be claimed as the BEST TRUCK COMPANY IN THE WORLD! There are people who prefer Volvo Trucks while some swear by Scania for making great trucks. Moreover, there are several other companies of trucks which fall into this category of best trucks for global commercial purposes. So, in this blog i will discuss about some best truck companies in the world top(10).
Trucking or lorry transport is one of the most important means of transport in this world. Every year millions and millions of tons of different goods are moved across continents and countries by trucks. The transportation with trucks has its flaws and downsides, but no trucking company can exist without their trucks: big and small, old and new, expensive ones or cheap ones…
Every day we see all these massive trucks on the streets; we use them for our own purposes; we may admire them from a distance when they pass us at full speed during a race. Even if you don’t like trucks that much, even if you’re not obsessed with cars (like me), I bet that chances are very high that you have heard about such brands as Ford, BMW or Toyota. It is very hard for a trucking company to stay in the shadows when it has such great trucks like these…
Nowadays, truck drivers are usually considered to be members of the working class. Today, trucks are used in all aspects of human life. They are incredibly useful; their usage is constantly growing every year. Hence, it’s no surprise that many people want to get into this career. However, you need to know the best truck companies in the world. It’s not only about economy and good income, but also about safety. No one wants to die on duty!
If you want know which are top companies in trucking, I’m sure that this list will be useful for you! There are many other interesting things about trucks at all, not just these companies. However, if you’re interested in buying one of their cars or truck models then these are great presents to start with!
Best Truck Companies in the World
Here are some best truck companies in the world:
1) Daimler Trucks North America
Daimler Trucks North America, Inc., is a subsidiary of Daimler AG. The company was founded in the year of 2000 by merging Freightliner and Sterling Truck into Mercedes-Benz Trucks of North America. It employs 32000 people all across United States and Canada. The company is based in Portland and produces more than 100 000 trucks every year. This is one of the top truck companies in the world.
2) Volvo Truck Corporation Volvo Truck Corporation
It is owned by Volvo Group which specializes in manufacturing, selling and maintaining trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine engines. The Bulgarian truck manufacturer was founded in the year 1928; it focuses on building powerful (heavy duty), reliable and comfortable to drive trucks for transporting different loads at long distance. They produce about 50 000 trucks and 2300 buses every year.
3) Scania AB
Located in Sodertalje, Sweden is a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group which manufactures heavy duty commercial vehicles, buses and construction equipment. The company was established in the 19th century; they are known for their unique design, comfort and reliability which makes them attractive even to customers who aren’t interested in economic efficiency. They employ more than 13600 people all across EU countries.
4) Navistar International Corporation
It is an American manufacturer specializing in trucks (e.g., medium-duty commercial vehicles), diesel engines, school and corporate bus chassis, military vehicles, etc. It employs 24000 people all across the world; its headquarters are located in Illinois.
The corporation was founded in the year 1897 and it specializes in manufacturing different types of trucks. This is also one of the best companies of trucks in the world.
5) Ford Motor Company
It is an American multinational company which employs 209000 people all around the world; it manufactures cars, buses, tractors and commercial vehicles. The company was founded by Henry Ford in the early 20th century. It focuses on maximizing customer satisfaction through maximized quality and high-efficiency production methods. Their headquarters are located in Michigan (Dearborn).
6) General Motors
It is a multinational company which focuses on manufacturing and selling cars, trucks, buses and industrial equipment. The company was founded by William Durant in the early 20th century. General Motors have been named as the largest automaker based on annual vehicle sales for more than consecutive 60 years. They employ about 203000 people all around the world.
7) Isuzu Truck Manufacturing Ltd.,
Based in Tokyo, Japan was established in 1906; it also produces buses, construction equipment etc. The corporation employs about 45000 people all across Asia Pacific region (in 2017); they produce almost 500 000 trucks every year with an average output of 10 000 vehicles per month.
8) Ashok Leyland
It is an Indian manufacturer headquartered in Chennai; it specializes in producing heavy duty trucks including supply of spare parts. Their main production facilities are located in Pune and Chennai; the company employs 10000 people (in 2017) and they produce about 50 000 trucks every year.
9) Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation
It is a Japanese corporation specialized in production of light, medium and heavy duty trucks, buses and other commercial vehicles. The company was founded in 1917; it’s one of the world’s leading producers – their products include over 5 million trucks per year (according to 2016 sales figures). Mitsubishi Fuso employs more than 16000 people all across the globe.
10) MAN SE
It is an abbreviation for “Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nuremberg” which translates into English as “Machine Factory Augsburg-Nuremberg”; the company is a manufacturer of heavy duty trucks and buses, construction equipment etc. The headquarter of company is located in Munich while there are also production facilities in other countries including Latvia, Brazil, Mexico etc. MAN SE was established in the year 1808; they employ almost 19000 people (in 2017).
What are the qualities of these Companies?
Qualities of these top companies of trucks in the world are:
- They are stable; they don’t go bankrupt even if the economy undergoes rough times (e.g., economic recession). They are trustworthy; their customers know that they will get high-quality products at competitive prices.
- They employ both experienced and well trained engineers who constantly work on improving the efficiency of their products. They also use advanced technologies to ensure utmost safety of drivers and passengers. The staff is well paid which makes them more committed, loyal and active in pursuing goals set by employers/leadership teams etc. These companies provide good working conditions to their employees so they can do their job efficiently while also enjoying it!
- These top companies of trucks in the world have developed customer oriented strategies based on intensive market research – they constantly try to improve the quality of services and products they provide (they listen to their customers and try to meet and surpass their needs and expectations).
- They make use of effective communication channels; it is easier for them to share information with teammates, suppliers etc. The hierarchy in the organizations is well-defined which makes decision-making processes more efficient – there’s no need for people higher up on the management pyramid to constantly get involved in every process that happens on lower levels. These companies have a clear strategy regarding how they want their organization/enterprise to look like. They focus more on long term rather than short term profits: sooner or later they will receive rewards for investing in future development!
- The leadership teams are committed and dedicated both towards achieving organizational goals. They often hold where-do-you-see-yourself-in-5 year’s type of job interviews in order to find the right candidates. In case a leader is not performing well, they’re usually replaced by someone else who has better skills and qualifications.
- These companies are trustworthy; their customers know that they will get high quality products at competitive prices (they never sell defective items). According to industry experts – if you want your company to become successful then you should focus on improving customer satisfaction!
- They invest in research & development; they constantly try to improve their existing products/services and introduce new ones (increase number of offered services etc.)
- Their employees are motivated; after each success or goal reached, management teams often organize motivational events (e.g., parties/dinners, a day off etc.) in order to reward employees for their hard work and commitment.
- Their mission statements clearly define the values of these companies; they are used as guidelines by managers who want to become better versions of themselves.
- They communicate with their customers via different channels e.g., social media (e.g., company’s Facebook page). They also learn from other organizations’ mistakes/successes so they can avoid them in future or reproduce them if necessary!
- These companies have strict rules in place which helps employees focus more on achieving results rather than wasting time doing unnecessary things during working hours. The organizational culture in such companies is characterized by a strong sense of teamwork everyone feels responsible for the performance of the whole company. Employees are willing to do whatever it takes in order to achieve organizational goals – they set high standards for themselves and try their best to reach them.
Benefits of these Companies
Some benefits of these best truck companies in the world are as follows:
- These companies invest in their employees; they take care of them and provide numerous opportunities for growth and career development. Employees feel valued when their opinions are taken into consideration (customer feedback is often analysed).
- They believe that rules should be followed – it is important for such organizations to remain consistent because this improves the efficiency of teamwork! The culture in these companies creates a sense of belonging everyone feels like part of a big family. They offer benefits e.g., company gym memberships, free meals during working hours etc.
- Efficient communication channels? They make use of social media (e.g., Twitter). Their websites are specialized according to each department/section (e.g., human resources, marketing etc.) which makes it easier for potential employees to find all the necessary information they are looking for.
If the leadership teams of these companies care more about achieving organizational goals than focusing on short term profits, they will most likely become even more successful in the future! Employees are the backbone of such organizations – their commitment and dedication towards reaching organizational goals is beyond any doubt. Leaders should communicate with their customers via different channels (e.g., Facebook) and learn from other organizations’ mistakes/successes so they can avoid them in future or reproduce them if necessary!
These top companies of trucks in the world definitely know how to recognize people’s strengths and use them accordingly which leads to improved productivity/performance. They invest in research & development; they constantly try to improve existing products/services and introduce new ones (increase number of offered services etc.) The organizational culture in such companies is characterized by a strong sense of teamwork everyone feels responsible for the performance of the whole company. Employees are willing to do whatever it takes in order to achieve organizational goals – they set high standards for themselves and try their best to reach them.
For more articles click here